It is one week until Captain America: Civil War hits the cinema and the world is forever changed. In the seven days leading up to the film this site is dedicated to talking all things Cap and first in this series is a breakdown of the teams.
- ANT-MAN: He’s a little hard to see in this picture on account of him being tiny and all but if you squint at Clint’s shoulder…
- HAWKEYE: According to Jeremy Renner (who plays Hawkeye), Hawkeye’s on Team Cap because “Cap was the first guy who called”.
- AGENT 13 A.K.A. SHARON CARTER: If you watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier then you’ll know that Sharon Carter was Cap’s neighbour. Apparently she’s a lot closer to her neighbours than I am to mine.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: Well, he’s team… him.
- FALCON: Falcon made it pretty clear in the last film that he wasn’t S.H.I.E.L.D, he was just there to help Cap – it looks like he’s sticking to that philosophy.
- THE WINTER SOLDIER (BUCKY BARNES): Steve Rogers’ best friend and the real reason for this mess.
Team Iron Man
- WAR MACHINE (RHODEY): He is the Bucky to Tony’s Steve (and ironically, both Bucky and Rhodey share the first name James) so of course he is Team Iron Man.
- BLACK WIDOW: Honestly, Black Widow seems much more Team Cap than Team Iron Man but we’re going to have to wait to find out her motivations.
- IRON MAN: When is Tony ever not Team Tony?
- BLACK PANTHER (T’CHALLA): The new boy! Why is he on Tony’s team? No idea except for the fact that he seems to really want to kill Bucky. Seriously: watch the trailers and try and find a moment where Black Panther is not trying his hardest to kill Bucky.
- VISION: He has really cool powers now but he will always be Jarvis to me and Jarvis is the Stark butler.
Now it may seem like Team Cap outnumbers Team Iron Man but Iron Man has a sneaky Spider-Man on his side. But Team Cap also has Scarlet Witch… Tony may just get his ass kicked.
What team are you on? Who do you think has the better team? What team do you think will win? Let me know in the comments.